Each fall and spring, we host a competition between our academic institutions for recruiting writers, writing articles, and how many views each article accumulates. Points are given based on these criteria, and the school with the most points wins. Below is a video version of this presentation.
The St. Peter Award in Recruitment
Hillsdale College: 9 Writers Recruited
The St. Paul Award in Writing
The Catholic University of America: 39 Articles Written
The St. Augustine Award in Views
Franciscan University of Steubenville: 4,462 Views from articles posted this semester
Using these three metrics (each view is 1 point, each article written is 100 points, and each writer is 300 points), we calculated the following rankings for our Clarifying Cup winners!
14. University of Rhode Island (71 pts.)
13. Yale University (373 pts.)
12. Mount St. Mary’s University (600 pts.)
11. St. Louis University (699 pts.)
10. University of Texas at Austin (910 pts.)
9. Holy Apostles College (950 pts.)
8. Texas A&M University (1618 pts.)
7. Christendom College (1821 pts.)
6. University of Notre Dame (2718 pts.)
5. University of Dallas (3352 pts.)
4. Hillsdale College (4704 pts.)
3. Franciscan University of Steubenville (5362 pts.)
2. Benedictine College (6299 pts.)
1. The Catholic University of America (7296 pts.)
Congratulations to The Catholic University of America!
Winner of the Spring 2021 Clarifying Cup!
The St. Thomas Aquinas Awards
The St. Thomas Aquinas Awards recognize authors who wrote our three most popular articles of the year. Congrats to the following:
The St. Thomas Aquinas Cum Laude Award: On the Power of Demons by Ambrose Rucker (1301 views)
The St. Thomas Aquinas Magna Cum Laude Award: Vatican II and Divine Mercy: Why I Appreciate Pope Francis’s Latin Mass Decision by Chris Centrella (1432 views)
The St. Thomas Aquinas Summa Cum Laude Award: How the Catholic Church Helped me Come to Terms with my Homosexuality by T.J. Armendariz (2604 views)
The Pope St. John Paul II Award
The Pope St. John Paul II Award is given to writers and leaders who have shown exemplary dedication to Clarifying Catholicism’s growth.